Monday 15 February 2010

swansea love story

I went to Swansea once. A quaint little village called Sketty, to be exact. Now where I'm from, I wouldn't be blamed for thinking that a place called Sketty would be home to an army of man hungry STD laden whores, getting down and dirty in a massive sex pit amidst the Welsh hills (nb. if you're still lost, urban dictionary 'sket'). However, to my pleasant surprise, I found a sleepy village where the only hints of action came from a heated debate between the locals about who killed who on Eastenders the night before. You can always rely on the Welsh to uphold traditional British values, I thought. No drugs here thank you, we're Welsh.

Apparently though, there is more to Swansea than meets the eye. Leo Leigh and Andy Capper for VBS follow Amy and Cornelius, a couple dealing with the reality of being addicted to heroin and booze. Graphic but at some points heartwarming, it is a stark insight into two lives that are completely dependent on substance abuse.

Watch it now at:
http://www.vbs.tv/watch/rule-britannia/swansea-love-story-1-of-6--2

No comments:

Post a Comment